Demigod Summer RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And so I train ((PM to join))

3 posters

Go down

And so I train ((PM to join)) Empty And so I train ((PM to join))

Post  Issac William Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:10 pm

The dummy was stabbed again by a spear. Issac threw his sheild up, as if blocking a blow. He spun his shield and moved it as he stabbed at the dummy again. With that, he flipped the spear and stabbed it into the ground. He could stab with it, but he couldn't throw. With that he drew his sword. The sheath of the sword was on the inside of his shield, it was a copy of Achilles' sword . He ran up and hit the dummy with his shield. His shield was shaped like an hour glass, so there were openings on the sides for him to use his weapons. He stabbed the dummy and jumped back, spinning his shield and pulled it over his head. He than raised up the shield and stabbed, his sword going into the dummy. He sighed, and left it there, walked away a few feet to one of the stone seats they had.

Issac was strong, he knew what to do. But he lacked proper training in this area. He had been trained by the S.A.S. in guns and knifes not to mention hand-to-hand. He was skilled in most areas but in swordsmen ship he was utterly lost. He knew he had to swing the blade and stabbed, but that was it. When it came to bows and swords Issac couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. When it came to knifes and things he had been trained with he was the better man, in most cases. Issac was a new camper, just coming to camp a day ago. Before that he had been in the S.A.S. Special Air Service. The teen had been in a secret branch that trained kids to do missions. Not like James bond, there were no fancy cars, no suits, he was a soldier and had a job to do. The reason the British government was that other countries all over the world were training kids to fight. So in a fight who will the enemy fight, an adult with a gun? Or the little kid with a knife and a Beretta. So while the fighting was going on, he would have other objections. So he would go and do what he was instructed to do.

Issac took off his helmet, all of his armor was black leather. Except his helmet, which was made out of the metal all the half-bloods used to often. His hair was a tangled mess, and cling to his head by sweat. His breathing was heavy, he had been out here since the crack of morning. Now the sun was setting on the far horizon of the globe. The stars were visible. It was twilight. He took a breath, and put his helmet next to where he sat. When he stood he pulled hi blade out of the dummy. His blade wasn't sharp by the hilt. But he became sharper as you looked further down the blade. Issac knew Achilles to be the greatest warrior known to man. He used the same gear as his hero, as a salute. For they both were soldiers, the only difference, Issac was lucky and that's how he had survived to long.

((It's not my best post here.))
Issac William
Issac William

Back to top Go down

And so I train ((PM to join)) Empty Re: And so I train ((PM to join))

Post  Percy Jackson Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Whistling softly to himself, Percy made his way to the arena. The boy was already suited up in his armor, had Riptide in pen form in his pocket, and was in an excellent mood. He had gotten to see Annabeth today for the first time in what felt like forever and was feeling good in general. Yet he was by himself as he walked down to the arena; his girlfriend had sketching to finish up (which was why she had pushed him away pretty quickly) so Percy decided to be good for once and leave her alone rather than pester her. Even though, according to Annabeth, pestering her was what Percy did best. Always was and always would be. The son of Poseidon was so glad that not much had changed between the two of them, aside from the whole boyfriend and girlfriend title and all that. And obviously they kissed and hugged now...and not as awkwardly as before.

As he reached the arena, Percy noticed another demigod practicing there. By the looks of it, another new camper, but one who had a better idea of what he was doing. That was...kind of strange, honestly. Maybe he was not as new as Percy thought he was...the boy still got distracted easily and didn't know all the new campers as soon as they came in. Occasionally he still got pushed around, being introduced as a "hero" (which he found to be kind of silly...all of the demigods who had fought in Manhattan were heroes, but he was the one who got all the attention), but for the most part, it was pretty quiet these days. Which, in some ways, was a nice relief...but there was a part of Percy that always itched for more adventure. Which was kind of...weird, because as much as he got tired of always being the one in charge throughout the past years, he missed it a lot.

"Hey," Percy called out to the other boy as he took off his helmet. "Looking good for a new camper," he said, approaching the boy. He looked him over, trying to figure out if he had seen this boy before...which Percy finally decided he hadn't. Remembering his first few days at camp, how hard it had been for him to find something he was good at, succeeding so well with Riptide once he got his sword...maybe things were getting easier for demigods these days, what with being found and claimed so quickly. Pulling his sword, which was currently a pen, out of his pocket, Percy uncapped it, watching it grow into its full form. "Up for a spar, perhaps?" he asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Percy, by the way," he held out his hand to the boy to shake, hoping the boy was up for some fun.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianne Granger Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Bri had always loved when it was twilight in London and she still loves it very much. Fortunately tonight was twilight. Thus Brianne stayed up all night to watch it in the empty Ares cabin. Which wasn't hard considering her ADHD was acting up again. Suddenly a brilliant thought accured to her. She got up and fetched Hunt, her pure celestial bronze sword that made people grow angry when touched with it, given to Bri by her Father Ares the God of War.

Brianne walked out of the Ares cabin and started heading towards the arena. When she walked in she noticed two other demigods in there already. One Brianne knew, Issac, she happened to have saved his life, the other one she had never met but by the looks of him and the rmors she heard Bri guessed it was the little prat named Perseus Jackson. Bi walked over to them and said , " I see you've gotten better with a sword", this aimedto Issac, " You must be the camp legend Perseus Jackson. I'm Brianne Granger, newly claimed Daughter of Ares.", this aimed at mister pussy pants.
Brianne Granger
Brianne Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Issac William Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Issac had black leather arm gaurd on both arms, the went from his wrist to his elbow. He also had black leg gaurds from his ankles to his kness. He worse jean shorts, and no shirt under his leather chest plate. He felt that the metal armor slowed you down to much. He looked to the older boy who walked up, "Up for a spar, perhaps? Percy, by the way." He shook his head, his face was with a soulem experesion. "I do not fight my kind with swords. These are for those who wish me dead, which are many" said the british youth. He was angerd that the boy thought it fun to fight, with these weapons. He was an ex-soilder he knew death and war was nothing to laugh about. He knew he was glaring at the boy, why think it fun to fight you own kind, a race dying out at earily ages?

He could tell this boy had seen war, or there form of it. For that reason only did he hold his tounge about how mad he was. Issac's shoulders were back, his head facing forward and his feet pointing forward shoulder length apart. He turned and walked back to his spear, he picked it up. He put it in it's holder on the inside of his sheild aswell. When he was fighitng he had both his spear and sword with him. He took his sheild off, and rested it by his helmet. "Why ask to spar? With weapons meant to slay others? This is no game, so don't raise a sword to someone unless you are ready to kill them on the spot." It was something they had learned in the very begining of training 'don't point your gun at someone unless you are ready to killed them on the spot.'

"I know you have seen war before, or you version of it. So I ask again, why? I have seen the battlefeild, I know what hell lies there. Most people don't believe it, but wat isn't fun and games. Watching men kill and die, that is no place I would like to go back to soon." His voice was a dark whisper. "I would never ask someone to fight me with a gun nor a knife, so you asking me to fight with a sword is confusing. Unless there is a reason that you would wish me dead" That was when his friend Bri came up, she had saved his life. He smiled at her, "hello Bri. No I havn't gotten better, for there was never a time where I have picked up a weapon such as this. Though I know I still need help, I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag with the skills I have now." He wasn't interested in fancy moves, or anything hollywood. He wanted to know stright up, what to do. How to block, swing, and such.
Issac William
Issac William

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:09 am

By the way the boy in front of Percy looked at him, the son of Poseidon realized that he didn't quite understand camp yet. "Oh, um...just a friendly spar," Percy said awkwardly at the boy's words. "It's good for training," he added. "You know, like...I'm not trying to kill you or anything...but trust me, in the real world, monsters and enemy demigods aren't anything like straw dummies." It was all phrased very ineloquently (was that even a word? Percy was pretty sure it was...Annabeth used it often, so it must be.) After a moment, Percy realized that the other boy had an accent...British, maybe? He didn't know, Percy wasn't sure he had ever heard a British accent before. Honestly, it was all a little confusing. And why was this boy taking his offer for a friendly spar so seriously? That was just...so odd. Most demigods would jump at the chance to prove themselves.

The boy was tough looking, in his armor and everything. He had obviously been through a lot, probably in the mortal world, because Percy definitely didn't recognize him. Besides, he was British (or something like that). He probably had special training of some sort...didn't they do that in some countries? For a moment, Percy wished he had paid attention in history...or geography or anything. But the thought left his mind as the boy spoke again. Putting on a serious face, Percy watched the boy. "You're right...this is no game. I wouldn't have survived this long practicing on straw dummies. Trust me." Frustrated with the boy, Percy shrugged, rather than opening his mouth and being nasty. If he lost his temper, nasty things could happen.

"You wouldn't know what our wars are like," Percy snapped. "I led a battle in Manhattan like you wouldn't believe, and none of us would have made it through if we didn't train with each other," angrily, Percy decided he would continue. "It's about trust, and really, we're all each other has in the end." This boy had to be out of his mind, which bugged Percy a little. He was getting close to snapping again when he heard another voice behind him. A girl walked up. As she recognized Percy, he rolled his eyes. "Listening to you siblings a bit too much," he guessed, still sort of angry from his interaction with the boy. "Nice to meet you, Bri. Maybe you should let Clarisse take control, like usual. She actually knows how to insult me."
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianne Granger Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:41 pm

" Just keep training Issac. Trust me you'll learn. Hehe, well someone woke up on the wrong side of his cabin. Didn't he mister pussy pants? And if it weren't for my sister Clarrise, who slayed the Drakon, you might not be here right now ", Bri said. She was starting to get mad now. I mean Brianne walked in and he started to insult her just because of her Father, Bri just didn't know what was up with this kid. She was apparently a true daughter of Ares.

As Bri studied the weapons on the wall, she knew everyone of them by instinct. She started turning Hunt around, waiting for a comment.
Brianne Granger
Brianne Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down