Demigod Summer RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Deserve it ((PG-13)) ((PM to join))

3 posters

Go down

I Deserve it ((PG-13)) ((PM to join)) Empty I Deserve it ((PG-13)) ((PM to join))

Post  Ardella Mccalvin Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:48 pm

It had been a day since Ardella had arrived at camp. Not once had she been able to get away from people. It was absolutly terrible. All she wanted to do was be alone for the rest of her life, but nobody around there could respect that. They always had her doing something. Luckily they hadn't actually tried to have her fight or anything yet. She would end up accidentally killing someone if she were to do that. Now, she had managed to get away from the eyes of other demigods. Now she was alone.

Ardella leaned against the Stables. When she had arrived she had found that the backside of it faced the woods and there wasn't anyone else back there. Nobody could see her from back there either. This made it the perfect spot for her to finally punish herself. She had been such a bad daughter. She couldn't do anything right and that made the Mccalvins leave her at the horrible camp. She closed her eyes as her hand slipped into her pocket and her fingers grasped the closed blade. She had learned that it was a mortal weapon and wouldn't be any good against monsters, but she didn't intend on fighting off any monsters. It was only for her own use.

As Ardella took the blade out of her pocket she opened her eyes. She frowned as she spoke softly, "I'm so sorry I've been such a bad girl. I swear I'll do better. I'll try my hardest next time." She meant every word she spoke. The silver blade popped up and reflected the Sun's light. Why couldn't she have just been good at something, anything? If she had been she wouldn't need to punish herself the way she did. She revealed her left wrist and brought the blade to it. Just as she was ready to make a delicate slice, someone's voice interrupted her. She was unsure what they had said, but she did her best to close the blade and put it away before they saw it.

Ardella Mccalvin

Back to top Go down

I Deserve it ((PG-13)) ((PM to join)) Empty Re: I Deserve it ((PG-13)) ((PM to join))

Post  Percy Jackson Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:56 pm

It was with a slight pang of guilt that Percy made his way over to the stables. The boy knew he hadn't gone to see Blackjack in awhile...there seemed to be an influx of new campers around this time, and Percy was pretty much expected to be around all the time. Hopefully the pegasus would understand. Of course, with pockets filled with sugar cubes, Percy expected nothing less. With a slight chuckle, the boy pocketed a couple more sugar cubes and made his way to the stables. As he reached the part of the stable where the pegasi were, Percy made his way over to Blackjack. The pegasus saw him immediately and made a slight whinny before starting his speedy speech that Percy was well used to at this point.

Got me a snack, boss? He asked Percy. Taking some of the sugar cubes out of his pocket, Percy fed them to Blackjack. "Not too much," he said, knowing that despite his warning, most (if not all) of the sugar cubes would be gone by the time he left the stables. "What's new with you these days?" Percy asked with a smile, rubbing the pegasus' snout while feeding him more sugar cubes. Not much, boss. I hear you leave for school in a couple of weeks. Percy let out a soft groan at this. "Don't remind me. At least I'm almost done there." At least you survived another year, Blackjack said at the same time. Shaking his head, Percy fed the pegasus more sugar before he noticed something a bit odd. There seemed to be another person near the stables, facing the woods. Well, it was more like he caught some movement out of the corner of his eyes and Percy just figured it was another person.

Pulling Riptide out of his pocket, just in case, Percy promised Blackjack he'd be back in a bit and crept around the side of the stables. There was definitely someone there, a girl by the looks of it. She had something in her hand, but Percy couldn't figure out exactly what it was. By the way the girl was holding herself, it probably wasn't something good. "Hey," Percy called out to the girl, slowly approaching. "Are you alright?" he asked, watching as she hastily shoved something into her pocket. Scratching his head, Percy looked her over...definitely new to Camp Half-Blood...and looking like she desperately needed some help.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

I Deserve it ((PG-13)) ((PM to join)) Empty Re: I Deserve it ((PG-13)) ((PM to join))

Post  Ardella Mccalvin Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:19 pm

A boy with black hair and green eyes stood before her with a sword in his hands. Ardella's heart seemed that it would burst out of her chest. If anyone there realized what she had been doing, they wouldn't understand. He walked towards her slowly, as if she was a frightened animal who would bolt if he were to approach too quickly. She knew that that sort of action would seem as if she really had been doing something wrong. She really couldn't have him thinking she had been doing something wrong.

"Hello," Ardella said in a casual, but shy way. Would this boy also try to become apart of her life? "I'm fine," she answered biting her top lip. She probably wasn't being all too convincing, but she never really was. She wasn't good at anything which included acting or lying.

"I'm Ardella," she quickly said trying to change the topic. She stuck her hand out to the boy. "Unless you plan to slay me mercilessly please put away your weapon."

Ardella Mccalvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Still trying to gauge the girl's responses, Percy watched her, hoping he didn't scare her or...oh Gods, his sword was still out. Lovely...if there was one way to scare off a new camper, it was coming at them with a sword. And of course, Riptide's cap was nowhere to be found...and Percy didn't really want to make any sudden movements anyway. The girl definitely looked as if she was guilty of something, which was kind of silly, because Percy couldn't figure out what a new camper could be that guilty of doing (unless she was definitely a Hermes kid or something). But that didn't make sense, because she was out here alone and just looking...sad.

When the girl finally spoke shyly, Percy frowned slightly. "Fine?" he asked with a laugh. "Oh Gods, have I heard that one before...and trust me, it's rarely true." As someone who had been 'fine' more times than he could ever count, Percy definitely knew better than that. And on top of that, the girl just wasn't too convincing. That worried Percy a lot, but he figured they could get to the root of that issue later on. Right now the boy just wanted to make sure this new demigod was doing alright and not freaking out too badly (which it definitely looked like she was, unfortunately). The sudden change really wasn't good for some people and all that.

"Oh," Percy said suddenly as Ardella (that was what she had said her name was, right?) pointed out that his sword was still at the ready. "Yeah, sorry about that," finally realizing that Riptide's cap was right in his hand, Percy capped his sword. And walked over to Ardella, shaking her hand. "Percy," he said, hoping the girl wasn't one of the new campers who had heard countless stories about him. Though if she was staying in the Hermes cabin, the Stoll brothers had probably already started on those. "And whatever Conner or Travis have said, it probably isn't true," he added automatically, even though Ardella probably hadn't even come across them yet.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardella Mccalvin Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Ardella bit the inside of her bottom cheek to force herself to smile. She laughed along with the boy when he said he had heard it a million times or so. It was all fake, and again not very convincing. She tried her best to make it convincing, but wasn't sure if she failed or not. She just needed to seem like a normal happy-go-lucky camper for once even if it killed her. Even if she had gotten him to believe her, he would probably expect something to be up because of the way she first reacted. It was the first reaction that really set the mood.

"Percy," she repeated back to him as if she was actually going to remember it. When he started to talk about two people Ardella just stared at him blankly. "Who?" she asked with a furrowed brow. She had met a total of three people so far at camp. Two guys (one who was on her bad side) in the Hermes cabin and then this guy. There obviously must've been some sort of nasty rumour going around about this guy which was probably why he had said it.

"Uhm. . . . well is there anything more I can help you with?" Ardella asked with her fake smile as she tilted her head and closed her eyes in a seemingly happy way. Maybe if she seemed like some preppy little girl he would leave. It was a new strategy she would be approaching with. It probably wasn't all too smart to switch her strategy right in the middle of a meeting though. She realized this after she had done it. Once she had chosen one with one person she had to stick through with it.

Ardella Mccalvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:52 pm

When the girl smiled, Percy looked at her a bit funny. Everything she was doing was so forced, he could even tell it in her laugh. Obviously there was something going on with Ardella, and whatever it was...well, Percy had always been a bit of a worrier, whether it was about his mother, friends, or...you know, the world. And the fact that a new camper was coming in acting like this, much different from any of the other campers, scared Percy. It was hard enough just finding out you were a demigod, let alone if you had something else going on. The boy could clearly remember thinking he had completely lost his mother before finding out he was a demigod, and just how unclear the whole thing was. How complicated it all got, and how quickly.

Well, the way she said Percy's name clearly implied that she had no idea who he was. She obviously hadn't come across any older Hermes campers yet...always reassuring. "Oh, um..." Percy tried to think of how to get out of such a stupid statement. "Just some friends," he finished lamely. Gods, shouldn't the hero of the mortal and immortal worlds say smarter things? That was just something he had sort of always left up to Annabeth. His girlfriend was much more...uh, what was that word she always teased him with? Arti...articulate! Yeah, that was it. It meant something about her being a better speaker than he was...which she was, but that was besides the point.

"Help me with?" Percy asked, a bit confused. "Oh wait...you mean like, before I leave you alone?" With a shrug, Percy moved to stand next to Ardella. "Well um...tell me a little about yourself?" he asked, hoping to distract the girl. She was confusing Percy a little, and he was curious about what she had been so keen to hide from him. "Are you new here? I haven't seen you around, and if you don't know the Stoll brothers, I'm assuming you are," he rambled for a second. Not to mention Ardella didn't know who he was, which was actually kind of nice to meet someone who had no idea. Percy felt like all too often, new campers were afraid of him...but that could just be the Stoll brothers' stories...who knew what kind of ridiculous (but funny, no doubt) tales they made up about him.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardella Mccalvin Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:15 pm

When the boy figured out what she had meant, Ardella flushed red. She did in fact want to be left alone. She had probably freaked the boy out by saying such a thing, because she wanted to be alone really must've meant something was up with her. Because of this she wanted to go and bang her head against the wall for her stupidity. [stike]Sometimes[/strike] Most of the time she didn't seem to think things through very well.

"Yes, I just got here two days ago," Ardella said simply to him. "Uhm. . . . I like to colour," she said blandly. It was true and it was the only thing she liked to do. She liked to colour and add her own designs to them. She couldn't draw worth crap, but she thought that colouring was the only thing she could kinda do.

Ardella Mccalvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Watching the girl carefully, and trying not to get distracted by the other movements around them, Percy frowned slightly. It really seemed like something was up with her, and the boy felt like it wouldn't really be right to leave her alone. Call in a hunch (oh Gods, Annabeth would tease him so much for thinking like that). Right now, though, Percy figured he might be able to help this girl without her giving him weird looks...well, the weird looks he was so used to getting anyway. And Percy, at the risk of sounding incredibly egotistical, got way more attention than he should get. Well, maybe not more than he should get, but more than he wanted to get.

"Two days," Percy said in a thoughtful voice that his girlfriend would have been proud of (Is it possible for you to think at all, Seaweed Brain?) The first couple of days were always difficult, being in the Hermes cabin, trying to figure out who your parent was...these days, since he had requested that the Gods change their ways, Percy had found things were going much smoother, though. With extra cabins being built left and right as the minor Gods started claiming children, the new cabin that Nico had had built for Hades, Percy was finding camp to be a much different place. Not bad in a bad sense, of course, but just so much different from what he had known for the past few years. Luckily, some things didn't change.

As Ardella said she liked to color, Percy nodded. Hey, the boy lived in New York, he had heard of much odder hobbies. "Color? Well, you won't get to do much of that here," he laughed. "They'll work you to the bone, not to scare you off or anything. Just...watch out for the climbing wall. And the woods, and..." Percy cut himself off...he was probably scaring this girl out of her mind. She'd see it all eventually, but let her adjust a bit first. Get settled in, whatever that meant around here. "But it's all good," Percy admitted after a moment. "I wouldn't have survived everything if it wasn't for um...well, a lot...part of it being how hard I trained here. That's the trick...surviving." So much for not scaring Ardella.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:59 pm

HADES, God of the Underworld

Sitting on his great throne in the Underworld, Hades looked into the world above him with narrowed eyes. He had fallen off the wagon too, so what? It wasn't like he got any respect from his brothers anyway, so the fact that he had just discovered he had a daughter didn't seem like a huge deal. The problem was that the God could barely remember the girl's mother...not that that especially mattered at this point. Right now, Hades had to worry about the fact that he had a child, and he was essentially obligated to claim her after that whole mess with Poseidon's problem child, Percy Jackson. With a soft growl, Hades got off his throne, stomping off into his palace. Hopefully there would be some dead army men to boss around or human souls to torture. Anything to get his mind off this all.

And to make matters even worse, Ardella, Hades' own daughter was talking to just that problem child. That was ridiculous, and it took everything the God had not to kill the boy then and there. Just squash him like a bug. Hades' eyes narrowed...how was he supposed to concentrate on anything but this? If the God of the Underworld had his choice, he wouldn't even claim the girl, just let her go along unclaimed. Damn that Jackson kid. Damn him to Hades. The God shook his head, pacing his throne room for a moment. Hades knew what he had to do, and how he would be treated even worse by his brothers if he broke the pact they had made with Jackson. Problem after problem. A daughter? Maybe it would be easier to send a monster after both of them standing there, although with all the experience Percy Jackson had at this point, it didn't seem like much of a threat.

Hades had no choice. He would have to claim Ardella. Looking around the room, as he knew a weapon would be an excellent 'gift' for the girl, the God found a sword of Stygian metal, one that had been crafted quite well. Well, it wasn't like he was using the thing, might as well give his daughter a chance with it. With a lazy wave of his hand, Hades embedded the hilt with black diamonds and an engraved bone. Nice enough. Not that Ardella needed a nice looking weapon or anything; after all, she was a daughter of Hades. At least she wouldn't be alone in the cabin that Hades' son had recently had built for him. Either way, this girl was in for a lot, especially if she kept hanging around Poseidon's great hero. That was something Hades certainly didn't approve of, maybe someday he'd find a way to let Ardella know.

"Ardella Mccalvin," Hades' voice boomed into the world above where his daughter stood with Jackson. "Know that while you have been ostracized in the world above, this is because you are a daughter of Hades." The God's symbol, his Helm of Darkness, appeared above the girl's head. As it faded, the sword fell into the girl's hands. "Take this sword to protect yourself from the horrors of that world." With that, the symbol faded completely and Hades went back to pacing his throne room. This may be a disaster, but at the same time, perhaps it would turn that Jackson kid away.

"Somebody get me a soul!" the God yelled, feeling the need to get it all out. Damn it,
damn it all.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Issac William Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:04 pm

((WAY TO GO!!!!! Also: awesome post Hades xDxDxD!!!!))
Issac William
Issac William

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardella Mccalvin Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:21 pm

"Work me. . . to the bone?" Ardella's whole face fell into a frown. All she wanted to do for the rest of her life was curl up in a ball and wait for death to come. She didn't want to do anything more than that. She wouldn't even mind sitting out in the woods and waiting for something big, mean and ugly to come and eat her. Her heart dropped when she learned she would actually be doing things. He tried to make it not seem so scary, but she wasn't afraid of it, she just found it awful. There was nothing in her life left to fight for so why even try to survive? Not that he knew her thoughts, but she didn't understand what there was left for her to live for. The two things she had, abandoned her at that old dump, aka Camp Half-Blood.

Suddenly a booming voice filled the air. Both frightened and shocked, Ardella crouched down quickly and covered her ears. Near the end of the voice's talk, she began to stand up timidly. Where was the voice coming from? Whatever it was it seemed to be telling her that she was a daughter of Hades. When it started to say 'Take this to protect yourself.' something fell out of the sky and into her hands. Whatever it was, was far too heavy for her. The blade of what seemed to be a sword fell straight to the ground and her body hunched over with it. This was probably all because she had not a strong muscle in her body.

"What the hell was that?!" Ardella asked alarmed, fear still occupying her eyes as she hunched over the sword. She tried to lift it up and barely got it off the ground. If only I could've been good at sports, she thought to herself. Then I would be able to at least carry this thing. She tried again to lift the sword and got a little further this time, but not much. She tried once more and again failed. I'm so useless! I can't even lift a gift from my father, my actual father! He must be disgusted by me. Her face turned to that of a look of disappointment in herself and her blonde hair hung down over her eyes. She was such a failure at life.

Ardella Mccalvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Smiling guiltily, the boy started to speak. "Well, you know,"...that wasn't quite how he intended it to come out, but the boy rarely thought before he spoke. "It's really not all that bad. It's hard at first, but you always progress. I was only here a week before I got sent on a quest and I did alright...the thing is, there's always someone there to help you out," Percy shrugged. It was true, the boy knew he would never have been able to get through any of his adventures without Annabeth and Grover...or any of the rest of his friends. For a moment he thought back to his quest with Bianca...how they lost the girl before she even got a chance. But she had died a hero's death. Of course, that didn't especially make things any better, but it was sort of just...well, whatever it was, Bianca had proven herself so well. Despite the tragedy, to remember her was a good thing.

And then there was a booming voice...oh Gods, not just any booming voice, but definitely the booming voice of Hades. Percy jumped back, looking around, but it seemed like Hades was just there by voice. And he was claiming Ardella...oh Gods, that couldn't be good. That was proof right there that Hades hadn't held to the Big Three's pact either. But on the good side, it also meant that he was following through with the promise that Percy had made the Gods make. So at this point, the boy was torn between the good and the bad. He looked over at Ardella, who was cowering on the ground. When the sword fell into her hands, the girl almost fell over, and Percy leaned forward to catch her just in case.

"That..." Percy wasn't sure quite what to say. "Would be your claiming," he finished lamely. Of course, the girl would probably have no idea what he meant. "Your God parent sending a message that you're theirs..." Ardella seemed to be struggling with the sword. "You know who Hades is, right?" he went on, shifting slightly uncomfortably. Hopefully the newly claimed daughter of Hades knew who she was, and what it meant. Percy really didn't want to get into that whole deal. And now...well, did you still say congratulations to someone claimed by Hades? Not even thinking, Percy smiled. "Congratulations," he said with a wide smile. "Fellow demigod of the Big Three!" Percy laughed, before realizing the girl probably had no idea what that meant either.

Watching Ardella struggle with the sword, Percy frowned slightly. "Don't worry, that's one hell of a sword," he shrugged. "Nice, though...from Hades, anyway." Thinking about it for a moment, Percy rubbed the girl's back. "I'll help you out, if you'd like...now that you have a weapon, you'll learn to fight with it. Eventually it'll start to feel right." Was it a good idea to help out a daughter of Hades with a sword of Stygian metal? No, probably not...but it was something to start with. Besides, when did Percy ever do things that were good ideas?
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardella Mccalvin Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:31 pm

"Claiming. . . . " Someone as scary as that is my father?! Ardella asked herself, her eyes wide with fear and her body shaking slightly. How could this be? How could this be! It was all she could do to not crumple into the fatal position on the ground and start rolling around like an insane person. She couldn't help her shaking and wide eyes. All she could do was stand there, afraid of the man who helped create her. Slowly she turned to look at the boy as he congratulated her. She thought he was insane for thinking something like that was a good thing! Well at least that was what she thought. She wanted to know when it would ever be considered to be claimed by someone so frightening.

For half a moment Ardella had forgotten about the sword she now possessed. The weight of the end alone was nearly enough to pull itself back down into the underworld, but she kept it held firmly in her arms. When the boy commented on how the sword was nice she looked at him as if he were crazy. If anything the sword looked as if it was used to slice open anything in its path. Something nice would've been a new colouring book or some coloured pencils. Heck, just a regular pencil would've been nice. This thing she held was downright frightening.

Suddenly, Ardella felt something make contact with her back. She jumped at first out of surprise, but then realized it was the boys hand. She thought he had smacked her back at first and nearly cried out, but she noticed her was rubbing her back. It was that same feeling from when that boy stuck out his hand to her. It was an honest gesture. She looked at the boy and nodded as if to say 'I would like that very much'. Maybe this kid's name would be worth remembering afterall. She wasn't totally sure yet.

Ardella Mccalvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:23 pm

Okay, so Ardella did not seem to be taking this well. It was...kind of understandable, the girl looked delicate enough as it was, and to be claimed by Hades? Probably something of a no-go. But Hades had done it (at a pretty inopportune moment...but hey, this was the God of the Underworld they were talking about), and there was no taking it back now. As Ardella turned to Percy, he frowned slightly...okay, maybe he shouldn't have congratulated her and all that. The son of Poseidon could clearly remember his claiming, how upsetting it was at first, to be alone in the cabin. And honestly, Ardella would probably be alone for awhile, no one could figure out where Nico was. "Hey," Percy said gently. "This is a good thing," he promised. "Listen...until last year, when I kind of made the Gods promise to claim all their children, so many demigods went unclaimed, sometimes forever."

That probably wasn't the best thing to say either. But Percy was pretty good at saying stupid things. Scratch that, almost everything he said was stupid. "Hades isn't all that bad," he continued. "He helped out a lot in last years battle...and um..." not sure what else he could say, Percy gave Ardella a smile. "It's good to have a weapon as a demigod," he said softly. "And if it's from your parent, it's balanced so well for you, that it eventually feels like an extension of your arm." Holding up Riptide, in its pen form, Percy shrugged. "This was from my father...I couldn't find a good sword until I used Riptide. And you know, it'll be a little harder for you, being a child of one of the Big Three, but I am too, so I can definitely help you out as much as I can," Percy continued to ramble. "And then there's this friend of mine, I mean, she a huntress now, but she's a daughter of Zeus, and then there's Nico and-" the boy cut himself off, realizing he hadn't stopped talking for awhile.

Percy cringed slightly when the girl jumped when he rubbed her back...he was not on a roll today...but Ardella eventually got ahold of herself. As she nodded at him, Percy gave a warm smile. "You'll be fine, Ardella," he promised her. "It's always scary at first, but you adjust...we all do," he added somewhat seriously. "We've all been through our trials, but this is a place where you belong," Percy said thoughtfully. "You're among other half-bloods who understand a lot better than regular mortals. Just relax, you'll get through this."
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardella Mccalvin Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:36 pm

((Okay epic idea, can I have her weapon come from the shadows? Like when she's done with it she just needs to like set it down in a shadow and it'll disappear and when she grabs in a shadow for it it'll reappear in her hand?! That would be EPIC!!!))

"Y-you can just make them promise to something like that?" Ardella asked the boy with a confused, but frightened look on her face. Where the Gods just push-overs? Or was this boy something else? If he was something else and could make the Gods promise to something like that then was he someone she should fear? Was he someone she should not be speaking to, but instead should be cowering in fear of? Maybe she didn't want to learn how to fight from this boy, but as she rethought it if she were to learn how to fight from a boy who had made the Gods promise he himself must be pretty strong meaning that he would be able to teach her quite a few neat tricks. This was all if he was something else of course.

As he kept talking he said something about some kids being unclaimed forever. Never finding out who their true parents were. To Ardella that didn't sound half bad. It would be just like living in the orphanage except with more to do. The only difference was that in an orphanage you could sit in the corner and sulk or hurt yourself all you wanted and nobody would care. Here was far different from the orphanage. It was almost like they actually cared, but she doubted that they did. They were probably just like the Mccalvins, lying to her face and talking about what a failure she was behind her back.

The boy rambled on for some time and to be honest Ardella lost him somewhere in it. She could remember up to it being good to have a balanced weapon and hers was since it was from her parent, but that was about it. When he did say something about a balanced weapon she looked down at the sword, the blade still on the ground. This doesn't seem to balanced to me. . . . . . Her thoughts dragged off wondering if it really was meant for her. Maybe Hades had made a mistake and the weapon was for someone else. It was doubtful, but possible.

Scary? More like terrifying. I've never spoken to anyone besides my parents and teachers, how am I to handle being dumped into a camp with a bunch of other kids? I can't handle something like that. The boy, who she remembered was named Percy, (she decided that she might as well start remembering names so she wouldn't be utterly lost) spoke again telling her that she would get through all of it. Ardella nodded as if to show she understood. She then opened her mouth as if to speak, but quickly shut it and blushed. After a moment she regained herself and tried to speak again, "Uhm. Do you think maybe you can teach me how to use this now?" Her eyes looked at the ground and everything low so she would avoid making eye contact with him.

Ardella Mccalvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:59 am

((I LOVE LOVE LOVE your epic idea! I think it is perfect!!! It truly is an epic idea, and I vote DO IT!))

"Well...it's a long story..." Percy said, scratching the back of his head. "I don't know if you remember all the destruction in Manhattan last summer...it was all over the news everywhere...but that was a huge battle between the Olympians and Titans, and I kind of...okay, I really led the whole thing, but afterwards, the Gods granted me a...well, wish, you might say. And they figured I'd want immortality, but I really didn't and just made them promise to claim..." it was a short, condensed version of the whole thing, but still an awkward ramble (did anything else come out of Percy's mouth?) "So...long story," the boy shrugged. He really hoped that it had made at least a little sense to Ardella...but with Percy's lack of articulation (he had been using that word a lot lately...it made the boy the boy feel a little smarter), probably not.

Percy took a moment to think about it all...the original feelings when claimed. Honestly, the son of Poseidon could never forget that first summer. His claiming, the anger, the triumph...all of it. He sincerely hoped that Ardella would be able to adjust much better than he had been able to...though as a daughter of Hades, it would probably be a lot more difficult. And Percy had had it bad enough as a son of Poseidon...but now the fact that all of the Big Three had broken the pact, not to mention...well, Hades, Ardella was in for a rough time. Hopefully, she would let Percy help her out through everything. It was really the least he could do for her, she seemed troubled and scared enough as it was.

Really, it was never easy as a demigod...but the blood of the Big Three...well, Percy was pretty surprised that Ardella had made it in the mortal world at all (not in a bad way, of course). He supposed that it was probably for the best, without the Kindly Ones and Hellhounds chasing her around, being that they were mostly on Hades' side. Of course, there were tons of other monsters that could have sniffed her out in a heartbeat...Percy shivered at the thought of an empousa or something coming across the girl. That probably would have been catastrophic, although whether for Ardella or the empousa, Percy wasn't sure. Having Hades on your side had to mean you could kick some serious butt. That much Percy was sure of.

The girl seemed to be thinking a lot as well, so Percy was pretty surprised when she spoke. Looking at Ardella, whose eyes were trained on the ground, the boy nodded. "Of course I can teach you now. I mean, it'll take a lot to really master it, but we can start whenever you're ready," it was definitely admirable that the girl was so willing to learn, and Percy figured he should let her know that. "I think it's great that you want to jump in like this," he said, patting Ardella's shoulder. "It's not an easy road, but we're all here to help you. In the end, we have to really trust each other...that can be difficult, because at times you can't sniff out the bad apples, but you have to start somewhere." Percy really hoped the sincerity in his voice was clear to Ardella, because he did want to be there for the girl. If anyone at camp could understand, it was him, after all.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardella Mccalvin Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:51 pm

As Percy explained what had happened, how he had led a huge group of demigods into battle, Ardella wasn't sure whether to feel afraid, or gracious that he was going to teach her how to fight with a sword. She chose somewhere in the middle which ended up to just be wide eyes and a furrowed brow. He spoke about being offered immortality. Living forever would suck, especially for her. There would be nothing for her to do all that time but sit alone in the corner. That would be the only thing she could do sucessfully. Even if she practiced riding a bike for a hundred years she doubted she would ever be able to do such a simple task.

Ardella's head hung as she thought of someone being that sucessful. She hated to think of how amazing some people could be while she was just useless. Why did there have to be the sucessful ones and then the ones who couldn't do anything? It wasn't fair! Some people got all the talent while others got nothing. From her eyes everyone seemed to be able to do something amazing while she tried to watch herself grow, but there was never any improvement. It hurt her. It stung like that of being stabbed. When she went into deep thinking on this subject she would sometimes end up in tears. She loathed it.

"Master?" Ardella's eyes shot up to meet Percy's in a heartbeat. "I only hope to be able to properly swing the sword enough to protect myself." To keep herself from continuing on she bit her tongue and shut her mouth. She couldn't say too much. She didn't want him to become curious about her past or anything. She didn't want to tell him how he would probably end up lying to her face telling her that she was decent at it when in reality she would be really bad. If Ardella told him this he would not be willing to teach her, or he would try once and then see that she spoke the truth would never speak to her again.

Percy continued to speak and then he patted her shoulder. Again Ardella received that jolt of honesty, as if he actually admired her for wanting to learn how to defend herself. It was that and the fact that with his words he was telling her that he could understand. Normally she would be angry and upset, but he hadn't meant that he could understand her past. He was telling her that he could understand her future and what was to come. All the hard work that she would bring herself to do enable just to swing the sword. He didn't entirely understand, but to an extent he did.

Bitting her bottom lip, Ardella nodded at Percy as if to say she wanted to start now. She stood up straight, but quickly realized that she was standing up straight. Nothing was in her hands. Her eyes bulged as she looked to the ground and saw nothing. "No, no, no!" Ardella fell to her knees and started to shift the dirt around. Where had her sword gone? She had just been holding it! Just before Percy had patted her shoulder she knew it was in her hands! What if. . . . no that's stupid. . . . but what if it fell back to Hades? Ardella thought to herself with a frown. She shook her head and stood up, she knew she had just made a fool of herself. Her blonde bangs fell in front of her eyes and her lip quivered. She had only just receive such a marvolous weapon and now it was gone.

With a bit of hope that it would return to her if she made a grabbing motion, Ardella made a grab towards the ground. She frown remained on her face as she realized it had not worked. Her weapon had fallen back to her father. "Dammit. . . . ," she muttered, barely audible. Then suddenly a weight began to form in her hand as something began to materialize in her hand. She looked at her hand and saw her blade begining to form in her hand. Ardella blinked as if this was not real, but then turned to Percy.

"Let's go to the arena. . . . . " she trailed off as she waited to tag along behind Percy.

((Mkay I say you make your reply in a new thread in the armory cause it says we have to in teh rules :3 Mkay?))

Ardella Mccalvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down