Demigod Summer RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waking up at camp

2 posters

Go down

Waking up at camp Empty Waking up at camp

Post  Lysander Ravenwood Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:34 am

Ahh.... my chest.... Lys thought as he opened his eyes. He was surprised to be alive after that encounter with the dracaena. He wondered which hospital he was in. It wouldn’t be the first he had been to. He tried to sit up and look around the room, but his chest felt like it was exploding, and he passed out from the pain.

The next time he woke up, he felt a drink been pushed into his hand. He drunk and felt better. He let the hot chocolate last, enjoying every sip. It was only when he had finished with it that he noticed it had been in a glass with ice in it, and that he had been drinking through a straw. At the moment, that didn’t matter. He felt tired, more tired than ever before. He closed his eyes and slept.

When he next woke up, he felt a lot better. He actually managed to sit up and look around the room he was in. It was then that he realised that he wasn’t in a hospital. He was in some house somewhere. He noticed someone watching him. The person seemed to have eyes all over.

I must be hallucinating... Lysander thought. While he felt better, just sitting up and looking around the room and taking everything in had worn him out. He went back to sleep. Again, he woke up. He checked the gash across his chest and was amazed to see it was gone – the only sign that it had been there was a scar on his chest. But this scar... was massive. Easily noticeable. Not like most of the others he had, around his chest, his arms and on his back. But still, he was alive. And that was what mattered.

Looking around the room again, he noticed his T-shirt - it was covered in blood nd had a massive gash across the chest.

Just my luck. It's ruined. What the hell am I supposed to wear now? Getting out of bed, Lys went over to the t-shirt and picked it up. Yep, it was definitely ruined. Throwing it back on the chair it had been dumped on, he looked around for something else to wear. That was when he noticed a bright orange t-shirt, the words 'Camp Half-Blood' on it.

Orange? Aw man.... I'll have to dye it later. Lys thought. Still, it couldn't be helped. He needed something to wear. No way was he walking around the place topless. Not with this scar. And so he slipped the t-shirt over his head. At least his jeans were fine.

Opening the door, Lys looked down the corridor.

"Hello?" He called out.
Lysander Ravenwood
Lysander Ravenwood

Back to top Go down

Waking up at camp Empty Re: Waking up at camp

Post  Percy Jackson Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Why would Chiron say he wanted to talk to me and then not show up? Walking through the halls of the Big House, Percy scratched his head in confusion. All things considered, it was pretty likely that he had messed up the time when he was supposed to meet his mentor. Well actually, it was pretty likely that Percy had messed up the day as well. With everything else that was going on, between rebuilding camp, training new incoming demigods, having a girlfriend (which was hard enough for Percy to understand in the first place) and everything else, the boy often felt like his head was about to explode. Not that this was the newest feeling, but it had been a while since things had been this crazy...well, things weren't really crazy right now, but...whatever. Percy couldn't think of how else to put it.

Shaking his head, Percy turned around, figuring that Chiron definitely wasn't in the Big House. And better to get out of there quickly before Mr. D turned up and turned Percy into an otter or something. Honestly, the boy couldn't imagine life would be too fun as an otter (and didn't they get eaten by seals or something? Wait, no...that was...some other animal...) Well, at any rate, Percy really didn't want to be caught by anyone else and have to explain what he was doing there when he really had no idea what he was supposed to be doing there. After all, Percy was way too used to being in the wrong place at the wrong time and didn't exactly care to go through all the trouble again...although it was him. Trouble just found him; it wasn't exactly something he could help (as much as he wished he could at times).

As he went to leave, Percy realized he would have to pass the room where he first woke up at camp. Gods, it seemed like ages ago since then. As he was about to turn the corridor, the boy heard a voice, making him jump and hit his head on a low hanging beam. Cursing softly in Ancient Greek (thanks to Annabeth teaching him), Percy looked over. "Hello?" he asked curiously, turning the corner to see a boy standing in the doorway of the room. With a slight smile, Percy walked a little closer. "Just woke up, huh?" he laughed. It wasn't really nice to laugh about that, but Percy could remember his own confusion in the situation. After staying silent for a few moments, unsure of what to say, Percy spoke. "Orange looks really bad on you," Percy finally blurted out.

Oh Gods, what a horrible thing to say.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Ravenwood Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:35 pm

As Lys was about to leave the House to find out just where he was, someone seemed to appear out of nowhere and come down the corridor. The guy laughed as he asked if Lys had just woken up. Mabe he'd been in the same situation himself and was laughing back at the memories, but to Lys, it wasn't funny. He'd just woken up in a strange place after been attacked by a monster. So yes, he was confused, and not afriad to admit he was a bit scared. Who wouln't be if they woke up in a strange place? But Lys didn't let that get to him. He was, after all, a nice person. And so far, this person hadn't done him any wrong.... or none that Lysander knew of.

"Yeah, I have..." He replied."Uh... I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but where the hell am I?" Of course, then the guy had to go and comment on the orange. Lys winced a bit at this. "Yeah, I know it doesn't, but I can't exactly wear my old t-shirt..."

Lys couldn't exactly explain that it had got that way because he'd been slashed open by a dracaena, could he? The guy would think he was nuts. And the last place Lysander wanted to be was in a mental institution. Wait, no... actually, the last place he wanted to be was a coffin in the ground. The mental home was the penultimate place he wanted to be.

Realising he hadn't yet introduced himself, Lys stuck out his hand to shake.

"By the way, I'm Lysander Ravenwood... but I prefer Lys." Even though he had lived in the US for three years, Lysander still hadn't lost any of his English accent. It was one thing that made him stand out over here, which sucked when all he wanted to do was blend into the background.
Lysander Ravenwood
Lysander Ravenwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:36 am

In all honesty, Percy never knew quite what to do in situations like this. Not that he had ever really been in a situation like this, but it was a lot more awkward than he would have thought. After all, he had been through the same thing...Percy figured he'd be able to relate more, but it wasn't turning out like that. The son of Poseidon's awkwardness and lack of ability to control himself was definitely showing, especially as the other boy didn't react too keenly to Percy's laughter. Hopefully he didn't take it too wrong.

As the boy answered his question, Percy stared blankly for a moment. He had a thick accent, British? Australian? What did Australian accents sound like anyway? At any rate, Percy had never really met a foreign demigod, even though there had been a couple at camp, and more now that satyrs were searching the globe. Shaking himself from his lost train of thought, Percy grinned. "Camp Half-Blood," he answered, before realizing that the boy probably had no idea what that meant. "And sorry about that comment...sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut."

"Anyway," Percy continued. "Camp Half-Blood. You might want to sit down," he gestured at the room. "I should probably get Chiron or someone to do all this, but I have no idea where anyone is. And better me than Mr. D..." rambling again, of course. "But yeah, sit down while I talk. It's easier to take it all in if you're sitting down." Not that it was easy to take it all in anyway, but better in a bed than standing where one could easily faint. Or start banging their head against a wall.

Nodding as the boy introduced himself, Percy shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, Lys. I'm Percy; Percy Jackson. And once you get out with everyone, don't believe any of the stuff the Stoll brothers say...I didn't take down anything single-handedly and I certainly never had an affair with an Empousa. Although that was a good April Fool's joke to come back to this summer..." trailing off as he started rambling again, Percy shrugged. "So sit down, Lys...I'll explain."
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Ravenwood Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:28 pm

As Lys sat down. what Percy said made it's way to his head, and a look of shock and amazement appeared on his face.

"Wait, wait, wait... this is Camp? I'm actually here?" He asked. "And you're Percy Jackson... the Percy Jackson, the guy who saved Olympus? Yeah, I've heard about you... I was on my way here before with a group of other demigods, but a dracaena kinda caught up with us."

Realising that he too was rambling, Lys made himself calm down. He couldn't help himself though - he was finally at Camp, finally a safe place where he could find out who his dad was, and learn to fight properly so he could defend himself.

"Sorry.. I skipped ahead... you know us demigods, we all have a sob story. I'll just skip most of mine, cos you probably don't want to hear it, and I don't wanna talk about it. Basically, stuff happened, I found out I was a demigod, more stuff happened, and I ended up with a group of demigods on our way to Camp. We got ambushed by a dracaena, and I stopped behind to attempt to fight it off so the others could get away. Lucky for me, I did beat it.. but as you can tell, it got me pretty bad too. I passed out from blood loss, and the next thing I know, I wake up in that bed in there. So... yeah, I know all about monsters and greek gods been real, and that one of them is my dad. So that saves you having to explain that."
Lysander Ravenwood
Lysander Ravenwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:34 am

The look on Lys's face as he sat down made Percy think that maybe the boy already had an idea of what he was getting in to. Well that was a relief. It saved Percy a lot of trouble, not to mention he wouldn't get in trouble with anyone for jumping the gun (because it seemed pretty likely that if Mr. D found out, the son of Poseidon would be in quite a bit of trouble). "Yeah, you're here," Percy smiled. Lys definitely knew where he was, what he was. That was good...that was very good. For a moment, the boy lost himself in memories of his own first moment waking up at camp...he hadn't had any idea what was going on. Which sucked.

The other boy's next words pulled Percy from his nostalgia. "I...um..." well this was a rare occasion...very few new demigods knew who he was right from the get go. "Yeah, that's me. The Percy Jackson." Percy was finding this a little awkward, it wasn't really like him to broadcast who he was, what he had done. "And I didn't save Olympus alone...I just kind of led the battle in Manhattan, but there was all this other stuff that happened, and I guess I just get most of the credit because it's me and...well, it's a long story..." the boy finished awkwardly.

Lys began his story and Percy listened, nodding slightly...not that he would say this, but he was quite grateful that the other boy had started talking about himself now, drawing the attention away from Percy. The boy's story reminded Percy a little of his own (aside from the fact that it was almost completely different), but the general gist was the same...with people, attacked by a monster (although Percy was pretty sure he would have taken a Dracaena over the Minotaur).

"Do you know if the rest of them made it?" Percy asked curiously, before realizing how stupid a question that was. Lys had been out cold for Gods knew how long, the fact that he was just coming around meant he really would have no idea. "Nevermind," the boy laughed. Staring at Lys for another moment, Percy finally nodded. "Why don't you get up and ready, now that I don't have to worry about sending you into shock," he laughed. "We'll find Chiron, he's not as awkward as me, so he'll probably be a better help."
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Ravenwood Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:12 am

"I'm ready." Lys said, standing up. So Chiron was here then? He wondered what he would be like. Of course, after Lys found out what he was, he wanted to find out more about demigods. And one of the big things that came up was Chiron, who had trained most of the big heroes, like Achilles and Heracles..... He also found out that Chiron was a centaur. But that was about it. He didn't know anything about Chiron's personailty or past, just that he had trained heroes. "Let's go see Chiron then."

And then maybe... I'll find out if the rest of the group made it here.... we were pretty close before the attack... He thought to himself. Obviously, the group had grown close, as they were keeping each other alive, but Lys had kind of been theo utsider to the group, joining them well after they had run away. Luckily, they hadn't turned him away, but he was still the outsider, the one they wouldn't really talk to much.
Lysander Ravenwood
Lysander Ravenwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:14 pm

HEPHAESTUS; God of the Forges

It wasn't often that Hephaestus had a child; or at least, he didn't have as many as most of his fellow Gods and Goddesses did. Most mortal women weren't exactly his type, nor was he theirs, but this child's mother was different. She had been a good woman, humble, kind and loving. Hephaestus had been truly pained when he discovered she had died. But Lysander was truly his mother's child and that made it even better to know for sure that the boy was his. The God was also relieved that his gift had made it through all these years being cherished and loved and used once the time was right. It wasn't really like Hephaestus to have such a tender side, but he could remember a lot more key details in this case than he normally could. The mortal woman had brought out a lot in him that many others never had in the past.

Lysander was a fine young man, clever, quick, and good with his hands. Sure, he spent a lot more time with others than Hephaestus could understand, but that was definitely Lysander's mother coming out in him. Just because Hephaestus was happy with his solitude didn't mean all his children were that way. In fact, Lysander really seemed to be the perfect mix of the God and his mother. It wasn't too often Hephaestus saw that, and he doubted it was too often that any God or Goddess saw it. And right now, the most important thing was that the boy had made it to camp safely and was being taken care of properly. It hadn't been too easy to find Lysander, what with him traveling with a group of other half-bloods, but now that Hephaestus had found him, the God wasn't going to give up his chance.

Unlike many of the other Olympians, Hephaestus didn't have a huge problem with the oath Percy Jackson had made them swear upon. The boy was a true hero, with good intentions. Besides, Hephaestus had always attempted to claim his children. Without them, other half-bloods, as well as the Gods, wouldn't be as well off. They were all talented in their own ways, and although Hephaestus wasn't really the fatherly type, he was almost always quite pleased with his children. Lysander would prove to be no different, he was was sure. And he had already met Percy Jackson, which was a fine way to start off, in the sense that Jackson would show Lysander around properly, and not judge him for who his father was. Hephaestus had seen that all too often, it was very unsettling.

Patting out a fire that had started in his beard, Hephaestus sent down the sign of a smith's hammer, letting it circle Lysander's head as the boy stood up. "Lysander Ravenwood," he said in a booming, but hopefully not intimidating voice. "You have always been a fine craftsman, and I know you will continue to be. You have a gift for defense from me, but take this to help you create." A smith's hammer like the image above the boy's head dropped into his hands. "Craft well, my son." With that, the image disappeared, breaking the connection that Hephaestus had. Again the God was alone, the best way for him, and he continued to work.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Lysander Ravenwood Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:19 am

Lysander was struck dumb as there was a flash of light and a hammer appeared above his head floating around.

What the hell's going on? He wondered, not knowing how claimings usually happened. Then a voice spoke, and a hammer dropped into Lys's hand, like the hammer from the hologram abovee his head. The voice then called Lys his son, and finally the message hit him. He had been claimed! And by Hephaestus no less, judging by the sign of the hammer, and the way his father had told him to craft well. At least that explained why he sommehow knew how to use stuff he'd never used before.... Not that it was always easy. Sometimes he had to figure it out for himself. It also explained why he had always been good at making stuff with his hands.... Although he knew his skills would greatly increase over time now that he was claimed.

The hammer felt perfectly weighted in his hands, and he knew that it would be just as good at caving in monster skulls as it would be at hammering out metal. A massive grin spread across his face as he looked from the hlogram, to the hammer, to Percy.

"Bloody hell, that was a fast claiming!" He said. "And to be honest... I always thought it would be a minor god I was the son of. But an Olympian! And Hephaestus no less!"

Lys wondered if he'd be able to do like his dad with respect to fire, but as he looked back on his years before been claimed, he realised that wasn't going to happen. there hadn't been many incidents with fire, and while he remembered that it took a little bit more to burn him than others, he was by no means fireproof. He felt a bit disappointed by that, but been able to make thigns was enough. In fact, it was more than enough. Just finding out about his dad was enough. He couldn't wait to meet his siblings.

Twirling the hammer around in his hand absent mindedly, Lys wondered what he'd do first. Obviously, he'd move his things into his cabin and meet his sibllings.. but then what? What should he make? There was so much choice.... This was a massive thing for Lys, and he needed to process it. He wouldn't start anything forge related until tomorrow, he decided.
Lysander Ravenwood
Lysander Ravenwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy Jackson Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:31 am

With the flash of light that lit up the room, Percy looked over at Lys. The hammer was definitely a sign of Hephaestus...at least, that was what the boy figured. He had never seen anyone claimed by Hephaestus before. But then the voice rang out, and Percy definitely knew it was Hephaestus. He had had enough interaction with the God to know his voice by now. It was kind of funny, actually, that Percy had been around for quite a few claimings recently. At least it wasn't Ares or Hades this time around...he had already been through those and he was a little afraid both Gods were going to strike him down.

The hammer was definitely a cool and interesting gift, though. Usually demigods got weapons as gifts, but Percy supposed that the hammer could be a weapon too. If he was a monster, he'd be pretty terrified of that thing, anyway. But it would probably also be really good for working in the forges and everything, something that Lys would definitely be good at since he was a son of Hephaestus. Well...duh. Percy hated his stupid thoughts like that.

As Lys grinned widely at him, Percy couldn't help but grinning back. "Yeah, a good, fast claiming," he laughed. "They've been happening pretty quickly recently. What with the oath from the Gods and all. Especially since you're above the age of thirteen..." how Lys had made it this far, Percy would never know, but it was definitely a good thing. "Congratulations, though! Hephaestus...that's awesome!"

For a moment, Percy thought about Tyson. He missed his brother a lot, but they kept in contact enough. Tyson always had fun in the forges when he was at camp, and maybe if he came for a visit soon, he could teach Lys a thing or two. In the meantime, though, Lys would be great with his cabin mates.

"C'mon," Percy grinned. "Let's find Chiron and then I'll take you over to your cabin and then show you the forges. You can start working on stuff as soon as you want," he chuckled. He was sure that Lys would do great, there was really no question about that. But in the meantime, the boy probably needed some time to process everything that had just happened.
Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down